Friday, December 9, 2011

Week 9

Reflect on your writing process and how it’s changed. Return to the scene of your first blog, and tell us how you write now, what you are alert to in your writing these days, and what you think might still need work on your writing. Consider this your “outgoing” letter about writing for the class. 



The aspect of my writing which has changed the most is my ability to express ideas concisely. I have a tendency of writing in an incredibly convoluted way. It often comes off as pretentious or simply confusing, and I've had to put a lot of effort into fixing this trait. I think that my main problem is the process by which I actually go about writing- I think as I write, and my ideas stem from one another during the time in which I record them. I've always had a difficult time outlining papers on account of this, and as a result my sentences are often confusing even to me. This class has brought my attention to this trait; I've been very conscientious of my diction and syntax.
A trait of my writing that I didn't quite solve over the course of this class is my ability to balance narrative voice with factual storytelling. I have an affinity for reflecting on the subtleties of a situation, and am often hard pressed to focus on the actual story at hand. This is an issue I will be focusing on addressing in my rewrite of the first essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment